You are here:
Disclaimer: Product links contain affiliate marketing links where I get a small commission when you purchase from that site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, please verify all product and pricing information directly with the linked brands. I am not responsible for errors or product discrepancies.
Author’s Note: I purchased all of my Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear with my own money. Mack Weldon has not sponsored this post other than affiliate marketing.
Table of Contents
- Why do I like Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear?
- Why is AIRKNITx Mack Weldon’s best value underwear?
- Specifications of AIRKNITx Underwear
- Frequently Asked Questions about Mack Weldon AIRKNITx
Want to try Mack Weldon’s men’s underwear but don’t want to make a mistake buying the wrong expensive underwear? As someone who has extensively written about Mack Weldon underwear and even wore them as my first pair of men’s briefs (read my experience here), I can confidently say that they are both stylish and comfortable. However, being an upper-tier men’s underwear company, Mack Weldon can be quite expensive. With four different types of men’s underwear collections, it can be challenging to select the right one without making an expensive mistake.
If you want the best bang for your buck, I recommend purchasing Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear over the other collections. Not only is AIRKNITx Mack Weldon’s best value, but it is also the most versatile. You can wear AIRKNITx as everyday underwear or for strenuous workouts, making it a great investment for anyone looking for comfortable and practical underwear.
Why do I like Mack Weldon AIRKNIT underwear?
My first-ever pair of Mack Weldon underwear was a black pair of 18-hour Jersey trunks. I liked them, so I ended up buying more Mack Weldon. But in my second purchase, I focused on buying AIRKNITx underwear. I am glad I did! Here is why:
AIRKNITx is made from a polyamide (synthetic) and Spandex/elastane combination, making it smooth against the skin. It has a slippery and silky feel like other athletic underwear, instead of a soft feel like cotton or modal-based underwear. My requirement for synthetic underwear is they must contain at least 10% Spandex/elastane to ensure enough stretch in the material. AIRKNITx has 14-15% Spandex/elastane, which feels amazing against my skin.
I don’t get hot while wearing AIRKNITx. It is designed to wick sweat away, which is key if you are in a hot climate, working out, or just working outside. There are tiny holes in the fabric to allow airflow, which is awesome. However, synthetic underwear like AIRKNITx will not feel as breezy as modal, bamboo, or cotton. If you really want a natural material, read my modal and bamboo underwear reviews.
I love that Mack Weldon doesn’t just have standard black, blue, gray, and white for its AIRKNITx collection. They have many colors, from neons to pastels to basic neutrals. Plus, I love that most colors have a “heathered” look to them for some visual appeal.
Also, I love the way AIRKNITx looks! Both my AIRKNITx briefs and trunks look really stylish, and I feel sophisticated wearing them.
In 2024, men want more than just standard 6-inch boxer briefs. Fortunately, Mack Weldon sells AIRKNITx briefs, trunks, regular boxer briefs, and long-leg boxer briefs. I prefer shorter styles, hence why I wear AIRKNITx briefs and trunks. Note: If you buy AIRKNITx briefs, I recommend sizing up one size for maximum comfort. Quite a few guys have told me this trick, which I appreciate!
Mack Weldon isn’t cheap, but as I write in the next section, AIRKNITx is the best-priced Mack Weldon underwear. Mack Weldon is also very high-quality, so you get what you pay for. Fortunately, Mack Weldon’s Pack Builder and Community Heroes program allows you to get small discounts. And if you want cheaper athletic or microfiber underwear, check out my review of Puma’s Performance Boxer Briefs.
As of February 2024, I have owned my AIRKNITx underwear for over four years, and they have held up well. The legs on the trunks are slightly stretched out, but fortunately, my trunks do not ride up, which is fantastic. My AIRKNITx briefs are in wonderful shape. Keep in mind that I tend to air dry or tumble dry low my underwear, which helps prolong its lifespan.
Why is AIRKNITx Mack Weldon’s Best Value Underwear?
I own four Mack Weldon underwear collections: AIRKNITx, 18-Hour Jersey, Silver, and Stealth. And having worn all four collections – you can read my full Mack Weldon underwear guide here – AIRKNITx is the best value. Here is why:
AIRKNITx vs. 18-Hour Jersey Underwear
The only cheaper Mack Weldon underwear is the 18-Hour Jersey collection. While 18-Hour Jersey is Mack Weldon’s “everyday” underwear, it is a cotton-modal fabric blend. For the price, guys are better off buying pure bamboo-elastane or modal-elastane underwear.
I own a pair of 18-Hour Jersey trunks, and I prefer bamboo and modal underwear as they are much softer and ideal for everyday wear. I don’t find 18-Hour Jersey underwear to be anything special to justify the high price tag. Plus, you can get nice David Archy bamboo underwear or Jockey modal boxer briefs – two pairs I wear often – for a significant discount compared to 18-Hour Jersey underwear.
AIRKNITx vs Stealth
The most comparable underwear to AIRKNITx is Mack Weldon’s Stealth collection. Like AIRKNITx, Stealth is synthetic underwear designed to be worn in the water during swimming or surfing. I didn’t find Stealth boxer briefs as comfortable as AIRKNITx for regular wear as they are made from a thicker material. Plus, Stealth has limited colors and styles available compared to AIRKNITx, and Stealth is more expensive. Buy Stealth underwear for water-based activities, such as swimming and surfing. Otherwise, buy AIRKNITx as your everyday underwear.
AIRKNITx vs Silver and Silver HD
Mack Weldon’s most expensive underwear is its Silver and Silver HD collection. The Silver collection uses silver particles in the fabric to control odor and bacterial growth during sweaty situations. However, the Silver collection is made with cotton, not bamboo or modal. Cotton underwear for around $34-38/pair, even if infused with silver, pushes the value proposition.
Mack Weldon came out with the Silver HD collection a couple of years ago, which is modal-based, not cotton-based. I haven’t tried Silver HD yet, but I am glad it is modal-based. But having said that, it is hard to justify paying $40+ for a pair of Silver HD compared to buying a four-pack of David Archy bamboo boxer briefs for the same price – or 75% less per pair.
The exception is that if you suffer from high odor, it is worth paying extra for underwear that helps solve this problem. Or if you are left-handed and love using a fly to pee, then Silver HD’s dual-sided fly may help you. But if neither is an issue, then no need to splurge on Silver underwear.
Buy now: Modal/nylon-based Silver HD Boxer Briefs
Details of Mack Weldon AIRKNITx Underwear
Like I do with each of my review posts, here are the details about Mack Weldon AIRKNITx men’s underwear:
- Length: Mack Weldon offers AIRKNITx briefs, 3″ trunks, 5″ boxer briefs, and 8″ long-leg boxer briefs. I prefer trunks, but there is something for everyone as AIRKNITx is a well-rounded men’s underwear collection, except for boxer shorts. (Go with Mack Weldon’s 18-hour Jersey boxers if you want boxer shorts.) Mack Weldon also offers the AIRKNITx HD collection, which includes 3″ trunks, 5″ boxer briefs, and 8″ long-leg boxer briefs.
- Price: Mack Weldon is a premium men’s brand; its underwear is no different. AIRKNITx underwear ranges from $28-36 per pair. However, compared to the more expensive Stealth and Silver underwear lineup, I believe AIRKNITx is the best value in Mack Weldon’s underwear collection.
- Remember that using Mack Weldon’s Community Heroes program can save money if you are a First Responder, US Military member, Student, or Teacher. You’ll save 15% off of your first Mack Weldon order.
- Or you can use Mack Weldon’s Pack Builder to save up to 12% when buying three, five, or seven pairs of underwear. You can also mix and match underwear styles, which is lovely.
- Colors and Patterns: The fantastic choice of colors is one of the reasons why I love Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear. No need to stick with the usual neutral colors of black, blue, and gray. Express yourself with wild colors and sensual pastels. Plus, select AIRKNITx HD underwear have different color stitching for a bolder look.
Buy Now: Note the interesting stitching design on these AIRKNITx HD boxer briefs.
- Material and Fabric: Mack Weldon AIRKNITx comprises 50% Polyamide, 33% Polyester, and 17% Spandex/Elastane. This is a fantastic material blend, as I require at least 10% Spandex/Elastane for synthetic underwear (including polyamide). The material feels soft and smooth against the skin. Plus, it is quick-drying and moisture-wicking for ultimate comfort.
- Flys: AIRKNITx underwear does not include flys. If you need a fly, look at Mack Weldon’s 18-Hour Jersey underwear. Or, if you are left-handed, consider Mack Weldon’s Silver HD underwear, which include a dual-sided fly for lefties!
Buy Now:Silver HD underwear includes a dual-sided fly, perfect for lefties!
- Ball Pouch: Unlike other top underwear brands like Saxx, Shinesty, and Tommy John, Mack Weldon does not offer a proprietary pouch. However, Mack Weldon’s non-separated pouch is quite comfortable and roomy. Read my Guide on Pouch Underwear if you suffer from skin irritation or chafing around your balls and upper thighs.
- Branded Waistband: I know a lot of guys buy underwear because they want to show off the brand’s logo on their waistband. However, other guys – like me – don’t want to be a billboard for their underwear. Mack Weldon does not put its logo on its waistband, which adds to the sophistication of Mack Weldon’s underwear. Note that Mack Weldon stamps “For Daily Wear” inside each waistband, which is a unique touch.
- Also, remember that Mack Weldon puts the tag information on the back of the right leg instead of inside the underwear. Keep this in mind because it is very unusual for men’s underwear, but you won’t have to worry about itchy or irritating tags, which is a big plus for Mack Weldon underwear.
- Multipacks: As mentioned above, you can save by using Mack Weldon’s Pack Builder to create your own three, five, or seven-pack of underwear. You can mix and match styles, so you aren’t just limited to AIRKNITx.
- Design Country: United States
I love wearing my Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear, and I am sure you will too. Let me know in the comments your experiences with Mack Weldon underwear, especially AIRKNITx.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mack Weldon AIRKNITx underwear
Yes! I have owned several Mack Weldon underwear pairs since 2019, and they are high quality. Five years, they are still going strong.
Mack Weldon says there is a 30-day return period for any clothing “unworn and unwashed.” For underwear, Mack Weldon says the underwear must be in its “original packaging.” Note that Mack Weldon has its Try On Guarantee for your first pair of Mack Weldon underwear.
Yes! Although Mack Weldon doesn’t offer sales that often, you can take advantage of their Community Heroes program for 15% off and their Pack Builder for 7-12% off. And when there is a sale at Mack Weldon, you should take advantage and stock up.
The AIRKNITx waistband is a tad smaller than the Stealth boxer briefs but is equivalent to the Silver and 18-Hour Jersey waistband. Several guys have told me they found better results by buying one size larger on the AIRKNITx briefs. However, stay with your regular size on AIRKNITx trunks and boxer briefs.
I always wash mine with cold or cool water and either air dry or use the low heat setting on the dryer. They have lasted a very long time this way.
Over several years, the legs will get stretched out just due to normal wear and tear. This is normal over years of use with men’s trunks and boxer briefs. To prevent premature wear and tear, follow my washing instructions above. Note that even with my AIRKNITx trunks being slightly worn out – after four years – I don’t have any ride-up problems, which is awesome.
Yes! I like my Puma Performance Boxer Briefs and my Jockey Microfiber Boxer Briefs. Puma’s pouch is a bit larger, which could be great for larger guys; however I find it provides less support. The Jockey Microfiber boxer briefs are awesome.
Guys looking for high-quality everyday underwear that is ideal for both working and hitting the gym. However, if you prioritize softness and don’t intend to wear this underwear during sweaty situations, consider modal and bamboo underwear instead.
My Latest Blog Posts
- AIRKNITx Review: Mack Weldon’s Best Value Underwear
- Underwear with Pockets: The Ultimate Utility Underwear?
- Underwear Discounts: How to Buy Quality Underwear for Less
- Bn3th Classic Boxer Briefs: MyPackage Pouch Underwear Review
- 5 Men’s Underwear To Avoid – Don’t Make These Mistakes!
- Jockey Microfiber Boxer Briefs: Are They a Good Buy?