Written By: Eric @ MensUnderwearGuide.com, Founder and Head Writer of MensUnderwearGuide.com
Disclaimer: Product links contain affiliate marketing links where I get a small commission when you purchase from that site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my Affiliate Marketing Policy here. Also, please verify all product and pricing information directly with the linked brands. MensUnderwearGuide.com is not responsible for errors or product discrepancies.
Author’s Note: Haut Underwear – a men’s underwear store – sent me this Teamm8 jockstrap for free to review. I was not compensated in any other way (other than affiliate marketing if you buy), and my opinions are my own.
Last year I wrote about buying my first jockstrap. Much like a lot of things during the course of writing my blog, I never expected to start wearing jockstraps. But sometimes you must sacrifice for your craft, so I put on a jockstrap. 😂
After wearing my jockstrap, I grew to like it, but not always. For one thing, the jockstrap’s butt straps were annoying to me. It was hard for me to wear it as regular underwear when my butt cheeks felt squeezed. On the other hand, it was nice to sleep in, and I loved it for its sex appeal.
Fast forward to about a month ago, men’s underwear shop Haut Underwear contacted me to review a product. Although I could pick out any pair of underwear that I wanted, this Teamm8 Score Sheer Jockstrap immediately caught my eye for three reasons: I haven’t reviewed Teamm8 Underwear yet, but I love their looks; I wanted to check out a second jockstrap to see how it differs from my first jockstrap; and the dark blue color and mesh side panels are so good looking.
So how did I feel wearing this pair of Teamm8 underwear? I am excited to tell you!
Before Wearing My Teamm8 Underwear Jockstrap
Before the try-on, let’s talk about why I chose this jockstrap. Teamm8 Underwear is a high-end but niche men’s underwear brand from Australia. They feature an assortment of thongs, jockstraps, briefs, and the usual boxer briefs and shorts. I find their thongs, jockstraps, and briefs to be quite sexy, including this Teamm8 Score Sheer Jockstrap.
As mentioned above, I was excited to get this specific Teamm8 jockstrap because of the mesh side panels. This jockstrap looks more like a brief from the front because of the mesh panels, which was quite neat. I also liked the mesh panels wrapping around the hips to the top of the butt. Mesh is sexy to me, so combining a jockstrap with mesh is very sexy!
Another exciting feature of this Teamm8 underwear is the material. Readers know I love bamboo and modal underwear, but I also love a good pair of microfiber men’s underwear. The key to any synthetic blend – which includes polyester, nylon, polyamide, and microfiber – is the amount of Spandex/elastane content.
My minimum for bamboo and modal underwear is 5% Spandex, but I require 10% for synthetic underwear. The reason is that Spandex allows the material to stretch and thus contour more to your body. Synthetic material isn’t as soft as bamboo or modal, so it needs more stretch to remain comfortable.
This Teamm8 Score Sheer Jockstrap has an 85% Polyamide and 15% Spandex material blend (mesh panels have 10% Spandex), which is incredible. Synthetic underwear with 15-20% Spandex will be fantastic, and as you’ll find out, this Teamm8 underwear did not disappoint.
Blog post continues after these brief announcements…
Subscribe to my monthly underwear newsletter: MensUnderwearGuide.com/Subscribe
Watch my most popular YouTube shorts!
Trying On Teamm8 Score Sheer Jockstrap
Once I put on my Teamm8 jockstrap, I looked in the mirror and thought I looked pretty sexy. I can’t say enough how much I love the mesh on this jockstrap that creates a unique, hybrid brief/jockstrap design. The rich dark blue color is sophisticated, and blue is my favorite color, so I love the color too.
Remember that I didn’t find the butt straps comfortable on my first jockstrap, so I was concerned it might be the same with this Teamm8 underwear. But no! The butt straps are very comfortable and didn’t bother me at all. I wore this jockstrap throughout the day, including walking around town, and I thought the butt straps felt great.
In fact, after a day of walking around, I was thrilled with this Teamm8 jockstrap. It felt great, looked amazing, and, most importantly, I felt confident wearing it. Whereas before I relegated jockstraps to the business of sleeping and sex, I will add this Teamm8 jockstrap to my regular underwear rotation.
Nonetheless, the pouch was on the smaller side. I am a regular guy size-wise (also a grower, not a show-er), and I thought there was little extra room in the pouch. So if you are larger than average, the pouch could be cozy. That may be alright, depending on whether you want to show off your bulge. 🙂
The Details of Teamm8 Underwear Score Sheer Jockstrap
Below are all of the details of this Teamm8 jockstrap for you:
- Length: Teamm8 offers Score Sheer briefs and tank tops beside the Score Sheer Jockstrap. Combining the tank top and the jockstrap or briefs could be a sweet, sexy combination.
- Price: $33 for the jockstrap, $35 for the briefs, and $49 for the tank tops. Teamm8 is a high-end niche brand, so having underwear in the $30-40 range is not unexpected. But you can save 15% on your purchase at Haut Underwear by using my coupon code MUG15. That brings the jockstrap and briefs to $28-30, which is on par with other high-end brands, especially for this quality of jockstrap.
- Colors and Patterns: The Score Sheer jockstrap, briefs, and tank tops are all available in navy blue (the one I am wearing), a deep green, and a burgundy-ish red. They all look great, and I like darker colors; it adds sophistication to the jockstrap.
- Material and Fabric: 85% Polyamide and 15% Spandex, except for the mesh side panels, which are 90% Polyamide and 10% Spandex. No wonder why this Teamm8 underwear is so comfortable! For reference, I require at least 10% Spandex for polyamide-based underwear, and 15-20% is better.
- Penis Pouches: There is a pouch, but it is a bit small. The pouch might be too small if your package is large, but it is okay for average guys like me.
- Fly: No fly.
- Branded waistbands: Teamm8’s logo appears on the waistband, but it is the same color as the waistband, so it looks good without being obnoxious.
- Multipacks: None.
- Design Country: Australia
My Recommendation On Teamm8 Underwear Score Sheer Jockstrap
Overall, you should buy this Teamm8 jockstrap if you are looking for sophisticated yet sexy underwear. The design is awesome, the quality is amazing, and hot damn, do I feel good wearing it. The smaller pouch might be an issue for guys with large packages, but I don’t see this as a problem for regular guys. I am also excited to try out more Teamm8 underwear and add Teamm8 to my regular underwear rotation.
Let me know your thoughts on Teamm8 underwear in the comments, especially if you own any of Teamm8’s Score Sheer underwear collection!
My Latest Blog Posts
- Mack Weldon AIRKNITx: Mack Weldon’s Best Value Underwear?
- Underwear with Pockets: The Ultimate Utility Underwear?
- Underwear Discounts: How to Buy Quality Underwear for Less
- Bn3th Classic Boxer Briefs: MyPackage Pouch Underwear Review
- 5 Men’s Underwear To Avoid – Don’t Make These Mistakes!
- Jockey Microfiber Boxer Briefs: Are They a Good Buy?